Vacating A Property
Final Inspection Guidelines
When you are ready to vacate your property you are required to give formal notice with a Residential Tenancies Authority Form 13. These forms are available either from our office, the RTA website, or by clicking here. Please note notice periods apply when ending a tenancy agreement.
The following information has been prepared to assist you when vacating the property.
We cannot conduct our Final Exit Inspection until you have removed all belongings and have returned all keys to our office. Keys for the property should be returned no later than 10am the day following your hand over date (date noted on your Form 13). Please note if the keys are not returned to the office for the property on time, rent may be charged until the keys are returned.
We ask that before vacating the property you:
- Ensure that our office has your new forwarding address, contact number & bank account details.
- Ensure that you have paid your rent up until the vacating date and any outstanding invoices.
- Ensure that the premises have been securely locked, including windows, doors and gates.
- Council rubbish bins should be left out for collection, or empty and clean.
- Ensure you have returned your entire set of keys and other entry/access items to our office. Any keys given to friends or family should also be returned as well as all other copies made.
- Arrange disconnection of your telephone, electricity and gas supplies etc and your RECONNECT rent card.
- Re-direct all mail to your new address. Contact your local Australia Post office for further information.
To ensure there are no problems with getting bond back you should leave the property in the same condition it was in as per your Entry Condition report completed when you moved in, apart from fair wear and tear. Attention to the following matters prior to our Final Exit Inspection will save considerable time and prevent any unnecessary delays in the returning of your bond:
- You are required to engaged a professional carpet cleaner and provide our office with a copy of your receipt if there are carpets at the property.
- If you have had pets at any stage throughout your tenancy you are required to engage a professional contractor to conduct a Flea Treatment on the property and provide our office with a copy of your receipt.
- Please ensure all cupboards, shelves, drawers and benches are thoroughly cleaned.
- Please ensure all walls, doors, skirting, windows and window sills are cleaned of all dust, grime and marks.
- Please ensure all kitchen equipment is thoroughly cleaned including the stove, grill, oven and exhaust fan.
- Any furniture, curtains, or other items included with the property are to be returned to their original state and positions.
- Please ensure all curtains and venetian blinds are cleaned.
- Please ensure the bathrooms are thoroughly cleaned with all mould removed from tiles and grouting and soap residue from soap holders. Also ensure the floors of the bathrooms are cleaned thoroughly. The toilets are to be cleaned inside and out.
- Please ensure all garbage, bottles and rubbish are removed from the property.
- The garage, car port and/or storeroom are to be cleaned out and free of cobwebs. Please ensure all grease and oil marks caused by cars, are cleaned and degreased.
- Please ensure the lawns and edges are trimmed and gardens are weeded prior to vacating the property (this applies to townhouses and houses).
- If you do use a professional cleaner, ensure you check the property after their work is completed before keys are returned.
Note: Rent will be due and payable until ALL keys are returned.